1/2 cup plus 2 tbs of self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 egg, separated
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbs sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
For topping, Edam cheese, grated (or if you have it, quezo de bola)
1. Preheat the oven to 180degC and line 12 hole mini muffin pan.
2. Place in a large bowl, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Using a whisk, stir until there are no lumps. Make a well in the center and add the egg yolks, water, vanilla and oil. Blend till smooth.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peak form. Gradually add the 2 tbs of sugar and continue beating till stiff.
4. Fold a third of the egg whites into the cake mixture then gently fold in the rest. Do not over mix the batter.
5. Fill the cupcake cups 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Make the butter icing but combining the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and mix till light and fluffy
7. Once the cupcakes are cooled, spread the butter icing on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.