Theme 10: Blue
Cookbook: Australian Women’s Weekly, Cupcakes
Recipe: Double chocolate Blueberry Cake
I love cupcakes. I especially love baking them and sharing them with family. I chose to make this recipe for the blue theme. The original recipe calls for raspberries but I think any berry can be used.
As usual, I changed the recipe slightly. Not too much though as baking requires exact measurements. I think the addition of any fruit to a cake batter makes it moist so be creative and add any fruit you like. Just be sure to add the same quantity as the recipe.
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 125ml water
- 90g butter, softened
- 220g firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 40g almond meal
- 100g frozen blueberries (or any berry you like)
- Preheat oven to 170degC. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases
- Combine the chocolate and water in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs in a small bowl with an electric mixer until just combined
- Stir in sifted flour, cocoa and almond meal. Then add the warm chocolate mixture. Fold in blueberries
- Using a 1/4 cup measurement, divide mixture among cases and bake for about 30-35 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with dollops of whipped cream and extra blueberries.