Chicken is a family favourite no matter how I cook it. It’s even better when it’s quick and easy. I’ve mentioned before that my 2year old son calls all meat, chicken so it’s actually a good thing when he’s eating dinner and it’s actually chicken that he’s eating.
In this dish, I used drumsticks because, let’s face it, children love it (not to mention the adults in my house). You can, of course use any cut you like. What I love about this dish is that it’s roasted with lemons. The lemons become charry and juicier. I love to squeeze them on the chicken just before serving.
I served my baked chicken drumsticks with a variety of vegetables for a complete meal.
Serves 4 or 2 very hungry adults.
- 8 drumsticks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into eight
- 2 lemons, cut into eight.
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs dry mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 170degC fanforced.
- Line a baking try with foil and baking paper
- Arrange the drumsticks in a single layer
- Scatter the tomatoes, onions and lemons around the chicken
- Drizzle everything with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken drumsticks are cooked through