Hubby has asked me repeatedly to make him a peppermint slice. I, too, wanted to make it for a while and I finally got round to it. I found a recipe in one of my AWW cookbooks and I knew it wouldn’t disappoint.
What I really like about this recipe is that it isn’t too pepperminty and if you use good quality chocolate for the topping, the slice becomes very addictive. So this recipe comes with a warming. Please be careful when consuming. You cannot stop at just one slice.
- 250g plain biscuits (I used milk arrowroot but you can use Marie or any other sweet ones)
- 100g butter, chopped
- 125ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 x 35g peppermint crisp chocolate bars, chopped coarsely
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- In a food processor add the biscuits and process until fine.
- Combine butter and milk in a small saucepan . Stir over low heat until smooth.
- In a bowl, add the biscuits and the chocolate bar. Stir in the butter mixture until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 mins or until set.
- Meanwhile, stir the chocolate and oil in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the slice. Refrigerate until firm.