When normal brownies are not indulgent enough.
I love this recipe. I’ve made it a couple of times already as the family loves it. It’s a Rachel Allen recipe. I like homely comforting bakes, especially on a slow sunday afternoon. It fills the house with a lovely aroma.
Give this recipe a go. It’s a keeper :)
- 100g butter
- 100g dark chocolate
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75g self raising flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate bits
- pinch of salt
- cheesecake mixture:
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180degC
- Melt the butter with the dark chocolate in a bain marie, stir
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake mixture by adding the 3 ingredients together in a bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Put aside.
- When the chocolate is melted add the caster sugar, salt and eggs. Use a wooden spoon to stir. Sift the flour and cocoa into the mixture then add the choc bits. Mix to combine.
- Pour the brownie mix into a prepared 20cm square tin. Make sure it covers the base of the tin.
- Add heaped spoons of the cheesecake mixture all over. Using a butter knife, swirl to marble.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 mins. It’s ready when the sides are set but the middle still has a slight wobble.
- Sit at least 20 mins to cool before cutting into it.