I love baking during the weeks leading up to Christmas. The smell of Christmas fills the house. Lovely. This year is a hectic one but I always try to make time for family baking time.
This year, I was introduced to the Bulla butterscotch cream. And I tell you, Oh my goodness, it is amazing stuff. First of all, I love anything butterscotch. And, to make it even easier, it's already whipped so its good to go straight from the tub.
I've tried this cream with bought gourmet mince pies and with home made caramel waffles. It goes well with everything. Just dollop on top of just about anything.
I made Christmas caramel waffles to go with the cream. The added caramel choc bits make it so moorish. The spices give it that Christmas smell and taste. You can make this for Christmas morning or if you want, any time of the year. Why not, right?
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, separated
- 170ml full cream milk
- 125ml water
- 90g melted butter
- 1 cup caramel choc chips
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- Bulla butterscotch cream
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla bean paste, egg yolks, milk, butter, water and caramel chips. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks then gradually add the caster sugar. Keep beating until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter mixture.
- Spray the waffle maker with a little oil and spoon some of the waffle mixture onto the waffle mould ensuring the mixture fills the mould. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Serve with a dollop of the Bulla Butterscotch cream.
Bulla butterscotch thick dollop cream 200ml is now available at selected Coles, IGA and independent supermarkets. RRP $2.99. Get them now while stocks lasts.
I had complimentary samples courtesy of Mkt Communications and Bulla Dairy Foods.