I had the opportunity to try the new Baker’s Delight Turkish Bread Roll. They have different flavours to try, including sea salt and chilli and garlic. I love this roll as it’s not only full of flavour but it’s soft and it can be used as a roll for sandwiches.
I decided to make a ploughman’s lunch and made a chicken liver pate to accompany the delicious bread roll. I decided to grill the roll to warm it up which brought the flavours out even more. To complete the platter, I added a ploughman’s flavoured cheese from Mersey Valley, pickled gherkins, celery and apple slices.
- 200g chicken livers, trimmed and stringy sinews removed.
- 150g butter, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbs brandy
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 25g melted butter, for topping
- 2 sprigs of thyme for garnish
- Rinse the chicken livers and pat dry with kitchen paper
- Melt 15g of the butter in a large frying pan, then add the garlic and onions. Cook for about 5 mins until softened.
- Add the livers and thyme and cook for 3-4 mins continually stirring until the livers are coloured on the outside but pink in the centre. Pour in the brandy and cook for a further 10 seconds then turn off the heat. Add the remaining butter and nutmeg to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for a few minutes for the butter to soften then puree the mixture in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Spoon the pate into a 500ml capacity terrine dish and chill.
- Melt the extra butter and pour over the pate and place the thyme sprigs on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating.
Thanks to Baker’s delight, I have a giveaway pack for my readers to make their own delicious platters.
Pack includes a solid timber bread board, a bread knife, a Baker’s delight bread bag, a recipe card and a $10 Baker’s delight gift voucher.
All you need to do is leave a comment telling me what you would include on your delicious platter.
Competition is open to all Australian residents and the competition closes midnight 23rd November 2014. Please share on instagram, facebook and twitter to better your chances.