I love making little treats for the kiddies. I try to find recipe that are quick and can be made in a moments notice, provided you have the ingredients of course.
Since Easter is coming up fast, I’ve decided to make these Easter egg nests for a treat. It’s also perfect if you want to bring a little something to a friend’s place to eat after a meal.
This has only 4 ingredients and the kids can help decorate them. You can garnish these nests with anything you like, it doesn’t have to be for only an Easter treat. Use your imagination :)
- 1 tbs butter
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice bubbles (rice krispies)
- Mini Chocolate Easter eggs
- Prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases. Set aside
- In a saucepan melt butter over low heat then add the marshmallows
- Continue stirring until the marshmallow has melted. Careful not to burn the bottom of the pan
- Add the rice bubbles and stir until all the cereal has been coated with the marshmallow mix.
- Using a tablespoon that has been lightly coated in oil, spoon the mixtures into the cupcake cases.
- Use the back of the spoon to make a little dent in the centre.
- Place in fridge for about 15-30 mins to set a little
- Garnish with Easter eggs