I found out that @winosandfoodies was hosting Livestrong with a taste of Yellow Event to create awareness of Cancer Issues. If you want to learn more or would like to help create awareness, you can click here.
There are many people who have been touched by cancer and this is my little contribution to honour those who have lived with cancer or knows someone that has. My family has lost a loved one to cancer. I dedicate this post to my uncle. He will forever live in our memories.
For this blog Event, we are to create a yellow dish including a heart. I have chosen to bake an olive oil cake.
2 large eggs
200g caster sugar
80ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml good white wine (I chose a Chardonnay)
200g self raising flour
1. Beat together the eggs and caster sugar until pale and creamy.
2. Add olive oil and the white wine and mix together gently.
3. Sift the self raising flour into the mixture and fold.
4. Pour into a prepared loaf tin.
5. Bake in preheated oven (160deg fanforced) for 30minutes or until cake is cooked
6. Cool in the tin on a rack for 5 minutes before turning out.
7. Serve with jam and a dollop of cream.