4 egg whites
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs of extra caster sugar
1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped
50g flaked almonds
kalamansi curd. (you can get the recipe here)
1. Preheat the oven to 200degC (180degC fanforced). Grease and line a swiss roll pan (26cm x 32cm)
2. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until the sugar dissolves between each addition. Sift the cocoa powder into the egg whites and gently fold in.
3. Spread the mixture into the baking pan, and sprinkle the flaked almonds evenly.
4. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until browned lightly.
5. Turn meringue onto baking paper, that has been sprinkled with the extra caster sugar. Gently peel away the lining paper and let stand for 2 minutes.
6. Spread the whipped cream onto the cake leaving about 2-3cm along the edge. Spread the kalamansi curd on top.
7. Using the baking paper as support, roll the meringue firmly from the long side. Transfer carefully onto serving dish.
8. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
You can see my previous posts for this years CookBook Challenge here.