The beef bone marrow is one of the most indulgent foods I really love and crave for once in a while. I love the unctuousness of the marrow and I especially love how the beefy aroma fills the house when I’m roasting it.
Bone marrow may not be to every body’s cup of tea and not the healthiest things to eat but I love bone marrow cooked in all dishes. However,nothing beats roasted marrow spread thickly on warm bread. It is best served warm straight from the oven.
- To roast, place in a preheated oven of 200degC for 30 minutes or until the marrow is swollen and browned.
- When roasted, spoon out the marrow and place in a bowl.
- Add a clove of garlic that has been smashed and chopped finely.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- It is best eaten on warm crusty bread. I didn’t have any on hand so I used warm pita bread.