It’s peach season! I love peaches and using up the juicy fruit in a dessert can only be a good thing. This recipe is adapted from Taste.com.au
When it first comes out of the oven, it is so puffy but it does deflate after a few minutes out of the oven so don’t be alarmed. I also like to eat this cold the next day.
I will try using different fruit next time. I’ve seen recipes using apples and pears. Perfect for autumn.
- 1 tbs butter
- 1tsp Vanilla paste
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups stone fruit, sliced ( I used peaches but apricots or plums can be used)
- Preheat oven to 220degC (200degC fanforced)
- Butter a pie tin evenly
- Using a mixer, whisk together vanilla paste, eggs, sugar, milk and salt
- Add the flour and blend until smooth
- Pour batter into the pie tin and then distribute fruit evenly over the top
- Bake for about 25mins or until a skewer inserted into the batter comes our clean and golden brown crust has formed on top.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream