What do you do when you have lemons? You make lemonade of course!
It’s lemon season at the moment. They are abundant on trees. I’m proud to own a lemon tree and it bore fruit for the first time this year. Since it’s my tree’s first year fruiting, it only had 6 lemons. I managed to use them to bake a lemon meringue cake (of which, I am hoping to blog very soon).
I got my hands on some cheap lemons and I knew what I wanted to do with them. I wanted to make lemonade. I found a recipe by the Hairy Bikers and it was easy and quick. I keep the lemon syrup in the fridge and make the lemonade when needed (or requested).
Makes a jug full.
- 8 medium sized lemons
- 1.2kg white sugar
- 75g citric acid
- Slice the lemons thinly, removing any pips and place in a large heatproof bowl
- Add the citric acid and the sugar
- Pour 700ml of boiling water
- Leave to cool then sieve into a jug
- To serve, dilute with water or soda water. Serve with ice and some fresh lemon slices